Work with us
Role: Staff Accountant
Type: Full Time
Manager: Director of Finance
Who you are
We're looking for someone who has their Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and their CPA designation or is in the process of obtaining their designation. You're a solution oriented individual and someone who is eager to dive in and be part of our Finance team. You have at least one year of experience in accounting or accounts receivable and are a motivated individual who knows how to have fun while working!
This role is based in Vancouver and will be temporarily remote until further notice.
- Cash: Perform the bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivable: oversee and manage the entire AR process, from issuing invoices, following up with any outstanding receivables, report on the status and movement of AR to management weekly, and recording payments received (cheque, EFT and credit card receipts).
- Accounts Payable: Record all payables including approved employee expenses, invoices, freelancer, etc. as well as issue related payments.
- Assist with month-end closings including account analysis, account reconciliations, and preparation of key continuity schedules, etc.
- Assist with preparing the supporting working papers for the review engagement.
- Post and process manual journal entries as required to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement on current processes and help implement recommendations to automate and reduce manual error.
- Other project work as it arises.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA designated or in process of obtaining CPA designation.
- One year of hands-on experience in accounting or accounts receivable is preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting software (Sage 50) preferred.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management tools (i.e. Salesforce) is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Process oriented and continually looking for better solutions.
- Able to adapt to various situations in a fast paced environment.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills in a deadline driven environment.
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Opportunity for further education and training.
- Be part of a team that feels more like family than co-workers.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing company, apply here! We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted when there is an open position.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.