Work with us
Who you are
You're a student currently enrolled in a journalism program who is looking to fulfill practicum or co-op program credits through your post secondary institution. You are a self-starter who is eager to dive into the world of online publications and to write about everything going on in your city. You are a foodie with a passion for local grub and want to share your favourite spots with our readers.
Position: Dished Editorial Intern
Manager: Western Dished Editor
What you'll do
- Produce well-researched, accurate, and quality lists, roundups, and guides about food and beverage in Vancouver primarily, but also other Canadian cities such as Calgary and Edmonton when needed.
- Ensure articles are written following company guidelines and are ready for your supervisor to publish.
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include - but is not limited to - conducting interviews, making phone calls, and attending events.
- Keep up to date with news and events happening around the city.
- Accept feedback from the editorial team in order to make necessary improvements or adjustments to work.
- Increase the credibility of the company through quality, trustworthy, and ethical work.
- Unpaid internship as part of a practicum or co-op program to fulfil course credits
- Internship must be equal to or longer than 3 weeks
The role’s duties and responsibilities enclosed within are not an exhaustive list and are subject to change. Your manager may ask you to assist with other tasks from time to time.