Work with us
Colony Digital is looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant to manage and support the financial backbone of our organization. You're a go-getter, someone who strives in a fast-paced environment, and someone who is ready to dive into a start-up organization and set the financial foundation of the Company. In this role, you’ll have the exciting task of preparing financial statements, recording transactions and reporting. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
Position: Senior Accountant
Manage full-cycle financial reporting process and maintain accurate and timely financial statements in line with the established schedule
Month End Close & Reporting
- Post and process manual journal entries as required to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Review all intercompany transactions and generate invoices/ adjustments as necessary.
- Review ledgers for unusual transactions or mis-allocated items.
- Make adjustments as necessary, through consultation with the Director of Finance.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Participate in the budget and goal setting process.
- Perform sales and gross margin analysis.
- Assist departments with changes to plans and budgets and strategic decisions.
Cash Flow Management / Analysis
- Record daily cheque, EFT and credit card receipts.
- Manage and analyze credit card spend.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Record and deposit any cheques received.
- Provide regular updates to Management on cash position of the company.
Sales / AR
- Issue invoices to clients on a bi-weekly basis.
- Perform AR aging analysis.
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions.
- Report on the status and movement of AR to management weekly.
- Follow up on outstanding receivables
- Review and prepare sales contracts / agreements.
Expenses / AP
- Record all approved employee expenses, invoices, freelancer, etc. payments.
- Prepare and issue payroll..
- Issue cheques and payments.
- File and pay GST return.
- Prepare and file corporate tax return.
Miscellaneous / Ad Hoc
- Prime the annual review engagement.
- Prepare insurance documents.
- Review and advise on treatment of transactions.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure the company is compliant.
- Research tax credits that could be claimed.
- Identify errors and suggest improvements and workflow efficiencies to create cost and time savings across the company.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work with teams on price setting and margin analysis.
- Other project work as it arises.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA designated.
- 4+ years of progressive working experience in Accounting.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting software (Sage 50) preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Effective verbal, written and client management skills.
- Quick learner and ability to work in a fast-paced, start up environment.
- Opportunity to take part in the company's group benefit programs after a 3 month probation
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers.
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs.
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing agency? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.