Environment Canada’s special weather statement, originally issued yesterday morning, remains in effect today for Montreal and its surrounding areas.
A low pressure system from the Great Lakes brought close to 10 centimetres of snow to the city along with “blowing snow” winds.
“Close to 10 centimetres of snow fell over Metro Montreal,” says the weather website. “Another 2 to 4 cm is still expected along with some blowing snow this morning.”
The warning, which was updated this morning, is in effect for the following areas:
- Châteauguay – La Prairie area
- Longueuil – Varennes area
- Montreal Island area
As per Environment Canada, conditions are slated to improve around midday, Tuesday.
The weather agency urges citizens to monitor weather alerts and updates and to be safe when travelling outside.
- Environment Canada issues Special Weather Statement for Montreal
- Justin Trudeau spotted hitting the slopes at Whistler (PHOTO)
- You can fly from Montreal to Hawaii for under $470 this winter and spring
- Montreal's 'No Pants' metro ride is happening January 13