Every year, the US News & World Report announces the best hotels in North America.
This year, the report evaluated more than 24,000 luxury hotels across the USA, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda. US News scored luxury hotels (4-star and higher) using a methodology that combines each hotel’s industry awards with expert and guest reviews.
And for Canada this year, BC reigns as it dominates six of the top 10.
Moving up from Number 2 last year, the Rosewood Hotel Georgia earns recognition as the Best Hotel in Canada for 2018, ousting the Ritz-Carlton Montréal, which had previously held the No. 1 spot since 2013.
“We are humbled to have Rosewood Hotel Georgia recognized on US News & World Report’s Best Hotels rankings,” said Philip Meyer, managing director of Rosewood Hotel Georgia. “To have Rosewood Hotel Georgia recognized not only within the Vancouver market, but also across Canada and the larger British Columbia region is a true testament to the commitment of our associates and staff, who provide the exceptional service that differentiates and continually elevates our guest experience.”
Here are this year’s Best Hotels in Canada, according to the US News & World Report.
1. Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver
2. Ritz-Carlton, Montréal
3. Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino
4. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa, Vancouver
5. Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City
6. Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver
7. Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
8. Four Seasons Resort and Residences, Whistler
9. The Hazelton Hotel, Toronto
10. Fogo Island Inn, Joe Batt’s Arm
If you’re wondering, these are the Best Hotels in USA, according to US News:
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Lanai City
- The Peninsula Chicago
- The Langham, Chicago
- Twin Farms, Barnard
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- Acquolina Resort & Spa, Sunny Isles Beach
- Wentworth Mansion, Charleston
- The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, New York
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
- The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills