A new poll by by Mainstreet/Postmedia puts Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi in the top three when it comes to mayoral approval in Canada’s major cities.
The poll put Nenshi at 65% approval rating from voters – not that far off from the highest approval rating of 79% for the mayor of Ottawa.
“Overall, every Canadian Mayor we polled has a net positive approval rating – though some Mayors are faring radically better than others,” said Quito Maggi, President of Mainstreet Research in a release. “Jim Watson of Ottawa leads the way with a 79% approval rating and +63 net score (approval-disapproval) while MayorGregor Robertson of Vancouver sits at 50% approval and a +5 net score.”
- Calgary Mayor Nenshi and Calgary MP Rempel in Twitter duel over 'math' comment
- 2016 year in review: Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi talks economy and the Calgary spirit (VIDEO)
- Mayor Nenshi dances with Calgary seniors while lip syncing to Meghan Trainor (VIDEO)
- Mayor Nenshi is available in Lego form
- Naheed Nenshi announces he's running for re-election in 2017
This year will a busy year for Nenshi as Calgarians will be heading to the polls for the municipal elections on October 16, 2017.
A total of 612 Calgarians were contacted over the phone by Mainstreet during the two-day poll. The margin of error ranged between plus or minus 4%.
10 cities in Canada and their mayoral approval ratings
- Ottawa – 79%
- Saskatoon – 72%
- Calgary – 65%
- Montreal – 62%
- Edmonton – 58%
- Toronto – 55%
- Regina – 54 %
- Winnipeg – 53%
- Windsor – 51 %
- Vancouver – 50%