Vancouver band The Zolas has just released the first track off of their upcoming new album, Swooner. Titled “Get Dark,” the song layers lush synth with anthemic melodies, continuing the sonic departure from the group’s earlier material and maintaining the experimental electronic pop sound that was first heard on last year’s EP, Wino Oracle.
Swooner is set to be released in March and has been described by vocalist and guitarist Zach Grey as “the realest, most fun album we’ve made by far.” The record will include tracks from Wino Oracle like “Molotov Girls,” “Fell In Love with New York,” and “Male Gaze,” alongside seven new songs.
The Zolas are scheduled to perform a handful of international tour dates throughout February, including a stop at SXSW mid-March. They are expected to announce a North American leg shortly.
• February 9: Berlin, Germany at Musik & Frieden
• February 10: Frankfurt, Germany at Nachtleben
• February 11: Hamburg, Germany at Nochtspeicher
• February 12: Wuppertal, Germany at Hutmacher
• February 13: Lucerne, Switzerland at aSedel
• February 16: Hildesheim, Germany at Wohnzimmer
• February 17: K öln, Germany at Stereo Wonderland
• February 19: Freiburg, Germany at Swamp
• February 20: Rees-Haldern, Germany at Haldern Pop Bar
• March 15: March 20: Austin, Texas at SXSW