On Saturday, September 12 Unbuckled, Vancouver’s Ultimate Backyard BBQ, will combine casual sporting competitions, picnic eats and drinks, alt-country and bluegrass rhythms and plenty of good times all in the heart of the city.
From 2 p.m. until dusk (around 7:30 p.m.), the Brockton Baseball Diamond will get Dixie-fied, down home and fully countrified. It’s an escape to an unpretentious community gathering, replete with hay bales, pickup trucks, burlap galore, picnic blankets, a western style bar and a very special hubcap collection.
Where urbane meets rhinestone, Unbuckled is the social where everyone is encouraged to sport their best hillbilly outfits, tanks and Daisy Dukes, overalls and cowboy hats, big, bad, bold buckles, boots and heels, and, of course, the sexiest cuts in plaid finery. There’s also nothing like a little friendly competition, and Unbuckled gives participants the chance to sign up teams of eight to 15 people to compete in a variety of games, including Footloose Foosball, King of the Rodeo and Hillbilly Hustle to win unique prizes including the Champion Unbuckled Belt Buckles.
To enter to win a pair of tickets and dinner to Unbuckled along with two belt buckles, do the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
2. Leave a comment below telling us if you’re a red or white wine fan. (1 entry)
3. Sign up for The Weekly Buzz newsletter. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
4. Follow Vancity Buzz on LinkedIn. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
5. Friend us on Snapchat at vancitybuzz. Send us a snap telling us you want to win. (5 entries)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on July 26, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform by which they enter.
Vancity Buzz is a proud media sponsor of Unbuckled.