*** Waterfight 2011 rescheduled to Aug 27th ***
Even though the true diehards showed up for the original waterfight date in July, it was one cold rainy day. Not really the hot summer day we had all hoped for. So the 2011 Vancouver Waterfight is rescheduled for August 27th: same place, same time.
It’s summer time, it’s hot and what better way to cool off than a water fight! Yep once again Vancouver’s largest water fight will be taking place at Stanley Park. Close to 6,000 people on the old Facebook page have said they are attending, so about 500 will show up. Not bad. Oh and ladies feel free to wear white ;). New facebook page here.
What: Vancouver’s Largest Water Fight 2011
When: Saturday, Aug 27th, 2011 – 1pm to 4pm
Where: Lumbermans Archat Stanley Park, Vancouver
Feel Free to pass this on via twitter and FB. On twitter copy and paste the following tweet:
Rules of Conduct as outlined on the Event page:
1) This is a water fight – don’t bring any other weapons apart from water pistols. WATER BOMBS ARE MESSY SO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF – littering is a crime and we love out planet.
2) We are not going to be your parents, nor are we going to be the police. If you see some one doing something stupid tell them to stop – if you’re doing something stupid – don’t. You’re going to ruin it and this has the potential to be a massive laugh.
3) Dress for the occasion, you’re going to get WET! Shorts, bikinis, flippers, floaty arm bands, whatever?
4) Don’t terrorise the public. If they want to get involved, let them. THIS IS AN OPEN INVITATION.
5) Don’t bring cameras. They’re going to get wet and DON’T come complaining when they don’t work. There will be plenty of other people involved devoted to taking pictures. And while we’re on the subject, put your cell phone in a ziploc if you want it to live through the day.
6) This is a LAUGH, don’t take it too seriously, and don’t beat each other up over it (close up shooting and all that).
7) Don’t leave any mess behind!!! I’M LOOKING AT YOU ESPECIALLY, WATER-BALLOONERS. We come and then go (the place looks the same as it does when we came, that includes plastic bottles, etc).
8) DON’T GET THE ARMED POLICE DEPLOYED BY BRINGING WATER PISTOLS THAT LOOK LIKE REAL GUNS!!!!!!!!!
9) Please try not to use more water than you have to – preserve your supplies. Remember there could be a water ban this summer.
10) If anyone asks who’s organised it – we all happened to be in the same place at the same time. Amazing, isn’t it?
11) No one get naked in the fountain – you could be arrested.
12) No dyed water – it stains cloths AND it could stain the pavements. Not good, it’s vandalism.
13) SPREAD THE WORD!!!!
14) OK, get naked, but I can’t promise there will be a fountain…
Image: Radiant Dream