It could be a slow-going summer for motorists in Vancouver this summer.
The city has released summer road maps of street closures and construction works from the Burrard Corridor to Marine Drive and locations in between–and there are a few.
Here are some of the major projects taking place:
- What: The City is upgrading critical water, sewer, and transportation infrastructure on Burrard Street between Davie Street and 17th Avenue, including Burrard Bridge.
- When: Now until late 2017
- What: The City is improving the interchange at Knight Street and SE Marine Drive, and installing new water and sewer lines along Knight Street.
- When: No dates provided
Oakridge construction map (City of Vancouver)
- What: The City’s upgrading critical sewer infrastructure in some areas of Oakridge, in response to multiple flooding events that occurred in 2013 and 2014.
- When: Now until late spring of 2018
- What: The City is replacing the sewer main infrastructure along SW Marine Drive and improving safety for people in vehicles, on foot, or on bikes.
- When: From May to September of 2017
A full list of closures and delays is available on the City of Vancouver website.