Cherry Jam Downtown kicks off month-long celebration with music, dancing, drumming, haiku reading and more.
– Tetsu Taiko Japanese drumming
– Musical performance by Michael Averill
– Announcement of 2013 Haiku Invitational winners
– Vancity Soran: Vancouver’s only Yosakoi & Soran dance team
– Picnicking under the blossoms on petal mats designed by Bing Thom Architects
The seventh annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival (VCBF) officially kicks-off a month-long celebration of Vancouver’s 40,000 cherry trees with a free Cherry Jam Downtown concert under Vancouver’s most famous canopy of akebono cherry trees, now in peak bloom.
DATE: Thursday, April 3, 2014
TIME: 12 p.m. noon
LOCATION: Art Phillips Park / Burrard SkyTrain Station, Lower level concourse and under cherry tree canopy. Burrard at Dunsmuir, Vancouver.
Image: Ben Hayze