The awesome tumblr, #WHATWESHOULDCALLUBC, has come out with 11 reasons why UBC is actually Hogwarts and we are all wizards.
1. Chapman Learning Commons looks like the Great Hall
2. The Chan Centre’s women’s washroom resembles a modernized version of Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom – from The Chamber of Secrets
3. The Ministry of Magic is like Main Mall and University Boulevard with the crowd and a giant fountain
4. The UBC Quidditch team
5. Ridington Room looks like the Grand Staircase Foyer
6. UBC has a
basilisk’s blue whale’s skeleton displayed in a museum
7. They also have greenhouses for Herbology Horticulture
8. They have their very own Whomping Willow – a Weeping Elm
9. The forbidden forest a.k.a. Pacific Spirit Regional Park
10. The ridiculously long commute to UBC (#buildbroadway)
11. Lastly, Harry Potter lives in Surrey
See the original post on #WHATSHOULDWECALLUBC.
Feature image: Tlaloc Xicotencatl