Simply put, losing something on transit sucks.
And it’s a double hit if you lose something on Friday, only to find out you have to wait until TransLink’s Lost Property Office opens again the following Monday to try and find/claim your stuff.
Well, starting in January, TransLink is hoping to ease the pain of lost possessions, by opening its lost property office on Saturday, for a three-month trial period.
Beginning January 7, the lost property office will be open Saturday afternoons, from noon to 4 pm.
Lost possession procedures
If you’ve already lost something on transit recently, there are a number of steps you can follow:
- Figure out where you lost your item.
- Call during business hours to report it. (Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
- Have all the details ready including date/time the item was lost, the route the item was lost on, the description of the item lost as well as all your contact information.
- Fill out the online form that can be completed at anytime that will send a report directly to the office.
TransLink lost property locations and contact numbers
- Main Lost Property Office Stadium–Chinatown SkyTrain Station: 604.953.3334
- West Vancouver Blue Bus Lost Property : 604.985.7777
- West Coast Express Lost Property: 604.488.8906
- Langley and New Westminster Community Shuttles Lost Property: 604.574.9396