Ah, Tuesday. Sandwiched between the ever-dreaded Monday and hump day – also known as Wednesday – Tuesday can sometimes be under-appreciated.
But when there’s a variety of stuff to do right in your own backyard, Tuesday is definitely worth talking about.
Here are 5 things to do in the city today, from a yoga clinic to bellydance classes.
- What: Juno nominee vocalist Karin Plato performs with acclaimed musicians, John Miller on guitar and John Reischman on mandolin.
- Where: Cottage Bistro – 4470 Main Street
- When: Tuesday January 3, at 8 pm.
- Tickets: $12, available online.
Image: Yoga / Shutterstock
- What: Enjoy a one-hour Tuesday evening student yoga clinic.
- Where: Vancouver School of Yoga – 300-342 Water Street
- When: Tuesday, January 3, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: $60
- What: Want to try something new in 2017? Why not learn to bellydance? Beginner and advanced classes are available.
- Where: Scotiabank Dance Centre – 677 Davie Street
- When: Tuesday, January 3
- Tickets: $18 for a drop-in class, $120 for a set of 8 classes
Comedy Mix / Facebook
- What: The Comedy MIX hosts the first Pro/Am night of 2017.
- Where: The Comedy MIX – 1015 Burrard Street
- When: Tuesday, January 3, at 8:30 pm
- Tickets: $8, available online
- What: Check out the screening of Robert Altman’s story about a gambler and a prostitute who become business partners in a rural town in the Old West.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street
- When: Tuesday, January 3, at 4 pm.
- Tickets: $10, available online