Well, it’s over. Another Christmas has come and gone and another week has begun.
And while many people might be starting the week with a Boxing Day shopping blitz, there’s plenty of other stuff happening that doesn’t include retail therapy.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, from a music festival to improv comedy.
- What: Western Canada’s largest winter music festival returns for another year.
- Where: BC Place Stadium – 777 Pacific Boulevard
- When: December 26 and 27
- Tickets: Passes and 19+ VIP area passes online starting at $150.
- What: End the year with lots of laughs as VTSL’s quick-witted improvisers find the funny in the important and not so important events of 2016.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Granville Island
- When: December 26 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: $21, available online
- What: Suspended Reverie is a contemplative dream event involving a viola, a little meditation and a whole lot of relaxation.
- Where: Stretch Vancouver – 180 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: December 26 at 2 pm
- Tickets: $30, available online
- What: Don’t miss the last night of night of Petunia and The Vipers’ Monday nights residency in the WISE Lounge.
- Where: WISE Hall – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: December 26 at 8 pm
- Tickets: $10
- What: Check out this Boxing Day Party and leave your inhibitions at the door.
- Where: Bar None – 1222 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: December 26 at 10 pm
- Tickets: $15, available online