5 things to do in Vancouver today: Wednesday, January 11
Happy hump day!
Is it too early to start counting down to the weekend?
Well, whether it is or not, here are five events taking place in the city today – from comedy shows to yoga – to get you over the mid-week milestone and cruise on through the rest of the week.
Comedy Mix / Facebook
- What: The Comedy Mix hosts an evening comedy showcase
- Where: The Comedy Mix – 1015 Burrard Street
- When: Wednesday, January 11 at 8:30 pm.
- Tickets: $10, available online
- What: Check out a live flamenco music and dance performance.
- Where: Kino Cafe – 3465 Cambie Street
- When: Wednesday, January 11 at 8:30 pm
- Tickets: Admission by donation
- What: The Portside Pub hosts a rock/paper/scissors tournament, with a chance to win prizes, hosted by various improv actors and comedians.
- Where: The Portside Pub – 7 Alexander Street
- When: Wednesday, January 11, at 9 pm
- What: A weekly gentle yoga practice in North Vancouver
- Where: The HOpe Centre – 1337 St. Andrews Avenue
- When: January 11 from 12:05 pm to 1:05 pm
- What: Some of the world’s most daring and innovative improv.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Granville Island
- When: Wednesday, January 11, at 9:15 pm