Celebrate 40 spectacular years of Suki’s style at the Vancouver Art Gallery! Saturday November 17, 2012 (doors open @ 7:00 PM).
It all started in 1972 when Suki Tagaki opened her first store on South Granville Street. It was there where clients first found that Suki’s technique could unleash their inner beauty. Forty years later the legacy lives on, and Suki’s salons continue to provide cutting edge hair design worldwide. Although based in Vancouver, Suki’s prominence in international hair shows makes it one of the most renowned beauty salons across the globe. Suki’s has persistently maintained its strong technical cutting and colour services through a rigorous apprenticeship program (Suki’s Academy). Come experience the art of hair and the fusion of innovation and beauty.
Tickets are $20 with partial proceeds going to the Art Gallery. Tickets can only be purchased ahead of time from Suki’s salons so make sure to get your tickets early as they are likely to sell out!
Your ticket will give you access to the current exhibits on all four floors of the Vancouver Art Gallery
- A photographic retrospective of Suki’s work over the past 40 years
- Live models showcasing our current hairstyles collection
- A virtual army of mannequins wearing all the hairpieces and costumes we’ve used in our international, world class hair shows over the past 10 years
- Visual projections
- 2 DJs spinning chill (main floor) and beats (4th floor)
- The most interesting cross section of Vancouver people you’ve ever seen!
- We invite all our guests, friends, family, industry colleagues, and anyone with any interest in art, style, and fashion to be a part of the most spectacular party of the year!
When: Saturday November 17, 2012 (Doors open at 7:00 PM)
Where: Vancouver Art Gallery: 750 Hornby Street
Tickets available at:
Suki’s South Granville 3157 South Granville
Suki’s Downtown 206-1030 West Georgia Street
Suki’s Kitsilano 1805 West 1st Avenue
Suki’s Richmond 130-8311 Westminster Hwy
Check out the event’s facebook page at
like Suki’s on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sukis-Salons-Spa-and-Academy
Photo Credit: Suki’s