2012 Dine Out Vancouver Festival is now underway and tomorrow one of this year’s most anticipated events will begin. Presented by Street Food Vancouver Society and the Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association, Street Food City rolls out many of Vancouver’s most popular food carts on January 24, 25 and 26 (Tuesday through Thursday) for a pop-up pod of lunchtime dining.
Street Food City marks the first time that Dine Out Vancouver has included a street food category in its roster of menus, hotel offers and one-of-a-kind events. Nine of the city’s top food carts will congregate at the Vancouver Art Gallery’s north plaza between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., allowing diners to sample a range of freshly prepared, internationally influenced goodies in one convenient location while receiving special discounts and freebies. The best part? After making their selections, diners can cozy up in an outdoor food court complete with heaters, tents, tables and chairs.
“Street Food Vancouver is thrilled to show off the best of our local food trucks during this year’s Dine Out Vancouver,” said Lindsay Ferguson, vice president of Street Food Vancouver Society. “With nine of our member carts taking part in Street Food City, there’s a meal – or three – for everyone. Even better, we’ve created a comfortable venue so diners can enjoy their food come rain, snow or shine.”
“Vancouver’s street foods were once limited to hot dogs and roasted chestnuts – but for the last few years, our food cart vendors have been dishing out some of the city’s most creative, fresh and delicious cuisine,” said Lucas Pavan, festival coordinator. “Street Food City showcases not only the diversity of our local food culture, but also the evolution of Dine Out from a restaurant-focused promotion to an all-encompassing dining festival.”
Food carts participating in Street Food City include:
• The Juice Truck. Refreshing smoothies and cold-pressed juices.
• Soho Road Naan Kebab. Tandoori chicken wraps and freshly baked naan.
• Coma Food Truck. Korean tacos, orange and rosemary truffles.
• Mom’s Grilled Cheese Truck. Deliciously gooey and piping hot.
• It’s All About Grill. Meats, veggies and free pita bread.
• Tacofino Cantina. Fresh fish tacos and burritos.
• La Brasserie Street. Beer-brined chicken sandwiches and butter tarts.
• Re-Up BBQ. Juicy pulled-pork sandwiches.
• Off the Wagon. Tacos made with local ingredients and a Mexican flair.
Image: Follow Me Foodie