Vancouver’s crown jewel Stanley Park has been named the top urban park in the world by Trip Advisor.
Here’s what they have to say about Canada’s most celebrated park:
A mini-forest, beautiful gardens, totem poles and scenic walkways make this such a peaceful location. I made a huge pile of autumn leaves and dove into them like a little kid.
The only other Canadian park to have cracked the top 25 was Montreal’s Mont Royal. Meanwhile, New York City had three impressive parks make the top 25.
Within the top 10 best Canadian urban parks list, four B.C. parks were named in the list, including Vancouver’s Queen Elizabeth Park and Victoria’s Beacon Hill Park.
With a little tender love and care, Queen Elizabeth Park has the potential to be a great city park, one worthy of such a list. As it stands right now, the park lacks uniformity, maintenance and the amenities of Stanley Park; it is a stark contrast to Queen Elizabeth Park’s pristine condition just 20 years earlier.
1. Stanley Park, Vancouver, B.C.
2. Mont Royal, Montreal, Quebec
3. Beacon Hill, Victoria, B.C.
4. High Park, Toronto, Ontario
5. Queen Elizabeth Park, Vancouver, B.C.
6. Plains of Abraham, Quebec City, Quebec
7. Gatineau Park, Gatineau, Quebec
8. Queen Victoria Park, Niagara Falls, Ontario
9. Assiniboine Park, Winnipeg, Manitoba
10. Parksville Community Park and Skate Park, Parksville, B.C.
Vancouver seawall via Shutterstock