Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites (a day early this week) and Merry Christmas:
- Food lovers, rejoice! Turns out we are happy than dieters. Thanks, science.
- Hawksworth was the sole Vancouver restaurant out of nine in Canada that made a recently-released list of 1,000 outstanding restaurants around the globe.
- Is bigger better? BIV cites Tap & Barrel in North Vancouver and Glowbal’s Telus Garden flagship as two examples of the Vancouver “trend toward large” in the restaurant game.
- Did you know you could DIY some coffee liqueur, aka Kahlua? Edible Vancouver magazine has the recipe.
- Looking to cozy up to a Christmassy craft brew over the holidays? Check out this list for ideas.
- Our top food stories this week: Drumroll please…the Best New Restaurants in Vancouver in 2015, Meat & Bread’s annual Turducken Sandwich came (and went already, sorry!), brunching at the new Yolk’s Breakfast, the vacant Fish House in Stanley Park has a new tenant, RIP to the restaurants that closed this year, White Spot is doing their Christmas Day Luncheon for charity again this year, and the seven best sparkling wines for your holiday celebration.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.