The announcement of the opening date for the Vancouver Christmas Market was the first indicator that Christmas is just around the corner. Now the date for the 9th annual Santa Claus Parade in Vancouver has been announced. On December 2, 2012 join close to 300,000 spectators for the annual Rogers Santa Claus Parade.
The parade will start at West Georgia Street and Broughton (at 1:00 pm), travel east along West Georgia, turn south on Howe and finish at Howe and Davie.
2012 COAST CAPITAL SAVINGS CHRISTMAS SQUARE:
- 10:30am to 1:00pm
- Located at the Vancouver Art Gallery
Come out and join in on the family fun pre-parade festivities! There will be live entertainment on the main stage, Decorate a Gingerbread Man, Write a Letter to Santa and much more!
VIP SEATING PACKAGES:
Looking for the BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE? For the first time, branded VIP bleacher sections are being sold to businesses and the community. These are great gifts for staff, families, clients and shareholders as well as a fantastic alternative to holiday parties! These hosted seats include snacks and beverages supplied by Krispy Kreme! For more information, click here.
BEST PLACES TO WATCH:
With a long parade route, there will be great viewing along the entire route.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Go for classic west coast style (fleece, waterproof jackets and comfortable waterproof footwear).
- Dress in layers to keep warm.
- Remember that umbrellas will block the view, so please leave them at home.
Secure your spot on Santa’s nice list! Follow these Rogers Santa Claus Parade protocols
- Respect parade officials. Your safety and that of your family is paramount. Obey all instructions to avoid Santa’s naughty list!
- S marks the spot – someone else’s that is! Never move or occupy an empty chair. This curbside spot has been reserved.
- Wear your rain gear. Umbrellas block the view.
- Be nice. Please allow those in wheelchairs front row, curb side viewing of the parade. Also, allow families with children to sit in front. We short people appreciate it too!
- Say “excuse me” or “I’m sorry” if you bump or step on someone in the crowd.
- Don’t smoke.
- Property…a respectful reminder: climbing on or sitting atop anything belonging to Citytv, Canada Post, dumpster companies, et al is a definite don’t!
LOST AND FOUND:
At the end of the day all items collected will be transported to the Rogers Santa Claus Parade office. To claim a lost an item, please call (604) 646-3579.
Date: Sunday, December 2, 2012
Time: 1:00 pm
Image: I’m Only Here for the Food