Saturday morning hits. You roll out of bed, stretch your arms, put on your slippers, and rub your tummy.
You’re wearing your favourite pajamas – your outfit of choice for your favourite weekend activity: eating. You’re not here to be perfect. You’re here to laugh and be yourself.
But eating just isn’t the same without your other half or family. The work week was so busy, you didn’t have enough time to catch up with each other. But cooking a meal makes for the perfect bonding experience.
Ingredients are scattered across the counter, the hot coffee warms your body as you laugh while eating over a steaming plate of food. Together in harmony, at the good old kitchen table, finally reconnecting. It’s your Saturday morning pancakes and pajama dance party.
Most people can agree that many of their favourite quality moments emanated from a kitchen with yummy smells wafting through the room. You probably even went shopping at the grocery store together – collecting quality ingredients for a sumptuous recipe that never fails to forge new memories.
Daily Hive teamed up with Western Family to find you just this kind of recipe – one for a restaurant-style stack of fluffy blueberry pancakes you can make from the convenience of your loving home or add a little extra fun and make these Pancake Pops which are great for dipping.
Made with quality Western Family ingredients, to create a quality moment for a classic weekend of bonding with the people you love the most.
1. Heat griddle and set aside.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and melted butter together.
4. Scoop out a tablespoon of pancake batter onto hot griddle.
5. Let the pancake set for about a minute and then add the lolly stick in the batter. Make sure it is close to the top of the pancake.
6. Use your spoon to press the stick down into the batter and smooth out the batter, so there isn’t a crease.
7. Scatter some blueberries throughout the pop.
8. Space out the rest of the pancake pops on the griddle. You want to have enough room for the sticks and to flip them over.
9. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on the first side. Then, using a small spatula, flip over once you see bubbles in the batter or it starts to dry out. Cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
10. Serve with maple syrup.
To add a perfect finishing touch to this drool-worthy meal, pair it with Western Family thick sliced bacon and 100% pure orange juice not from concentrate.
The best part of these fresh and delicious Western Family ingredients is that you can get more than 2,800 of them under one roof at Save-On-Foods. Even better, over 1,000 Western Family items are produced locally and they’re actually affordable, so they won’t break the bank.
Everyone’s a morning person during the weekend – and in the spirit of that, you’ll want to enter Western Family’s Breakfast Battle contest on Facebook. If you win, you’ll score free groceries for a full year, making it easier than ever to bond with your loved ones during meal times. This contest is being regulated under Western Family’s own terms and conditions.
To make things easy, you can order your shopping straight to your door – just visit Save-On-Foods online for more information. You can also sign up to receive an e-flyer detailing all of the hot deals on offer at the store before you shop.