We first told you about the Real Hipsters of Vancouver reality show, which is currently in the casting phase. We then released the Real Hipsters of Vancouver audition tapes, the comments on that article were heavily against the current set of auditions. This has led to a formal on-line petition.
Pick new hipsters petition:
We (the undersigned) feel that the “Real Hipsters of Vancouver” did not adequately represent the hipster movement and artistic associations of Vancouver. In response, I am starting this petition for the film makers to expand their audition tape and be more selective about their decisions for future publications.
Future hipsters should:
1) Be known within the club scene as being “real hipsters”
2) Be filmed doing something illicit or illegal
3) Have dropped out of Emily Carr in the last decade
4) Possess a DJ Alias
5) Reside in Strathcona, DTES, Chinatown, The Drive, Fraser Heights, or Mt Pleasant
6) Dress entirely in vintage, American Apparel, or Flea Market finds
7) Commute exclusively by transit or bicycle
8) Crashed a vehicle, have license taken away for a DUI
Unless these standards are accepted and met, we (the undersigned) don’t feel like you should continue with your show.
The REALEST hipsters in Vancouver
Click the link to check out the petition.
Image: Erik N / Flickr