Once a year, we take a day to thank our moms for mending skinned knees, broken hearts and everything else in between. Here are a few gift ideas that show her no matter how much you’ve grown; you’re still her little girl/boy.
1. Massage and high tea package from Shangri-La Vancouver.
If your mama ever played tea party with you as a little girl, here is an idea for you. Sitting in miniature chairs made of hard plastic doesn’t feel good. Head over to CHI, the Spa at Shangri-La hotel to heal her sore back – even if it is a decade or so later – with a relaxing massage from Vancouver’s best kept secret. Read more about it here. After the massage treat her to an afternoon tea from Shangri La Vancouver in their lobby lounge. After all that fake-sipping and mmmm’s give her something real to finally swoon about! Psst, they have a mother’s day special going on now!
2. S…Suuu…Sony EBook Reader.
If your mama helped you to sound out the hard words, and taught you the alphabet, here is an idea for you. Let her enjoy her reading in a new way with the Sony EBook Reader from London Drugs. Maybe mom isn’t tech savvy, but show her that technology doesn’t have to be scary. For extra brownie points, set it up with some of her favorite reads so she can enjoy her new toy right away.
3. If your mama ever tucked you in tight, wished you sweet dreams and checked for monsters under the bed, this is something for her. Give your mom a great night’s sleep by giving her an Obus Forme Foam Pillow or an Obus Forme Microbead Neck Pillow from London Drugs.
4. If fitness and exercise is on her list, help motivate her to get in shape with some new toys. She can monitor her daily steps with an Omron Premium Pedometer. Better still combine that gift with Panasonic Couture Round Buds or Panasonic Couture Square Buds for a dazzling musical experience while keeping fit. These ear buds are decorated with Swarovski Crystals and provide clear sound while giving mom some bling on Mother’s Day. I got my mom this Lululemon Savasana Wrap in heather gray that’s flattering for all body types. $118 at retailers.
5. Coffee and Sodas
Does your mom relish time together in the kitchen? Bring back childhood memories of sodas by bringing the soda shop to mom with the Soda Strem Starter Kit. Share family history over a cup of coffee from the Tassimo Coffeemaker for long conversations, the Keurig Special Edition Single Cup Coffeemaker for quick catch up sessions and the Krups Nescafe Dolce Gusto Circolo for specialty coffees (best served with Toblerone).
6. Jo Malone Perfume
You can never go wrong with buying your mother some perfume. We suggest Jo Malone Limited Edition Sakura Cherry Blossom Fragrance. You can find it at your Downtown Vancouver Holt Renfrew location. She can wear it out to that romantic dinner your Dad will be taking her to!
7. Private Therapeutic Yoga Package
If your mama is all about health and wellness, pamper her with a “Build a Home Practice” Yoga Package from Yoga On The Flow. In 3 Sessions, your mom will get a customized Therapeutic Yoga Practice which she will learn to practice on her own. Also included is a Half Moon yoga travel mat to practice on! This is ideal for any mother who already loves yoga or has been wanting to try it out in complete privacy. Package is priced at $160. Contact Yoga On The Flow for more details.
Buying your mom jewelry for Mother’s Day never gets old! Keep it timeless and classic. This year we love the Tiffany Notes I Love You disc charm and chain What better way to tell your mom “I Love You”!