Channels
× Select City
×
×
×
Animals, Life, News

Maple Ridge vet saves puppy dying of fentanyl overdose (VIDEO)

D8d194f40cb13417f79d4d8daee34fdb?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Vancouver Staff Jun 22, 2017 7:00 am 4,660

In the latest sad episode of Vancouver’s ongoing fentanyl crisis, Dr. Adrian Walton, a vet in Maple Ridge, treated an unusual patient earlier this week.

The vet has revealed in a Facebook video that he had to administer naloxone to a puppy that was overdosing after being exposed to fentanyl, a deadly opioid that is more than 100 times stronger than heroin. Without his help, the puppy could have died.

“This puppy was near death, basically non reactive and getting weaker by the minute,” he said in the video.

Dr. Walton, with Dewdney Animal Hospital, said that he was only able to save the puppy because the owner admitted that it could have been exposed to the deadly opioid.

“We really don’t care what you smoke, ingest or inject,” Dr. Walton says in the video. “We care about your pet.”

See also

D8d194f40cb13417f79d4d8daee34fdb?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Vancouver Staff
Daily Hive is the evolution of Vancity Buzz, established in 2008.

© 2018 Buzz Connected Media Inc.