Vancouver is filled with continuous events happening throughout the year and the huge fashion exhibition KNOWSHOW happened a few weeks back filled with a ton of fabulous presentations. One that was especially a treat for girls who want to try some new make up tips was the beauty presentation by makeup artist Marlayna Pincott.
Always start with your eyes when trying to achieve a dramatic look.
1. Line your waterliner (under the eyes) with a white pencil.
2. Line your upper lashes with black eyeliner, sweeping outwards at the end. The tip is to just go for it without trying to be too perfect. You can touch it up afterwards with a Q-tip and oil based eye makeup remover.
3. Layers of mascara – keep applying it so lashes are thick. The 60s were all about chunky lashes!
4. Use tinted moisturizer all over the face. The light formula keeps skin glowing rather than cake-like. Plus, it’s better for the beach!
5. Apply bronzer just under the cheek bones and, without adding more to the brush, dust a tiny bit on nose and forehead.
6. Use the highlight powder above your cheekbones and under the eyebrows.
7. Line your lips with an angled brush and only your lipstick. Lip liner died in the 80s! We used either a classic orange or bright pink/fuchsia.
Images: Ian Azariah