Kiss & Makeup is the toy store for grown women. Rumor had it that you could spend hours ooo-ing and ahh-ing over gift ideas for all the ladies on your list including that lucky girlfriend who has everything. My visit to the apothecary and apparel house, was no exception when I ventured to the Village at Park Royal last week.Here are a few holiday gift ideas you may consider for the females in your life. Or, if you’re like me and like to use the cardinal holiday rule of two for me, and one for you, it should work out fine and dandy too.
1. Rain boots. We live in Vancouver. That should be reason enough to pick up a pair of these wellies, which are a sophisticated twist to the original style. Love the pop of color and angled cut.
2. Bobby pins. Uber basic, but so fun when they are done in crazy colours and patterns like these Jane Tran ones. Perfect for putting your tresses into messy top buns, or for keeping the fringe out of your eyes if you’re growing out your bangs like I am.
3. Frye boots. I know shoes have appeared twice now on this short list, but Frye boots are classics that will last you a lifetime and look better with age. There are various styles and colours so plenty to choose from.
4. Candles. This would make a great hostess gift, and makes me want to throw a party just to receive it. Six candles, six different scents, each packaaged beautifully in its own colour-coded section.
5. Polishes. It was really hard to walk away from the Deborah Lippman holiday set. The glitter is a bit over the top and just plain fabulous and is really like mardis gras in a bottle. Paint it on all ten fingers for the festivities, or contrast it as an accent nail polish if you’re a bit shy.
These are just a few of the my favorite things at Kiss & Makeup. Drop by during the holidays and always remember the cardinal rule.