Vancouver is a city full of quirky and creative individuals.
So it makes sense that there’s an annual event that celebrates the curious and unexpected ways that people express creativity through hobbies, passions, and obsessions – Interesting Vancouver.
You can attend the event taking place on November 10 at the Simon Fraser University Woodward’s Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, where you’ll get to hear from some of the region’s most fascinating people.
From their offices, farms, studios, schools, workshops, or wherever else they squirrel away, speakers at Interesting Vancouver will be discussing something that they passionately care about.
Here are some of the scheduled speakers:
- Jocelyn Macdougall—An event producer who performs vocals for a queer funk and motown cover band.
- Robert Chaplin—A publisher who practices the secret art of dimensional illustration.
- Jen Sungshine—A fire tiger artist and filmmaker who is learning a language of tenderness from houseplants.
- Paul Fast—An architect and hunter interested in reconnecting people to their environments.
- Tonye Aganaba—A soulful Afro-Canadian singer/songwriter living with MS.
- Corrina Keeling—A socially conscious acoustic artist who untaps creativity with visual facilitation.
- Foster Eastman—A former hairdresser turned artist who raises money and awareness for veterans.
- Sean Bindra—A BC Lions marketer who produces anti-bullying Bollywood flash mobs.
- Adrienne Smith—A poet turned lawyer whose love of language spans the boring and the beautiful.
- Amanda Strong—An award-winning stop-motion artist passionate about helping community and youth heal.
Tickets to the event are on sale now, costing $28, and you can snap up yours via Eventbrite.
For more information and to see a full schedule of events, visit Interesting Vancouver now.
When: November 10, 6 to 10 pm
Where: SFU Woodward’s Goldcorp Centre for the Arts – 149 West Hastings Street
Price: $28 – Tickets available via Eventbrite
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of Interesting Vancouver