Healthy Families BC is a readily accessible resource to help families eat healthy and live well. This online community is hosted on the Healthy Families website www.healthyfamiliesbc.ca, blog, Twitter (@healthyfamilybc) and Facebook Page. Healthy Families BC helps BC citizens make informed and positive lifestyle choices. It offers everything from inspiring recipes to updates on local community-based health programs.
We here at Vancity Buzz always promote a healthy lifestyle and refuse to become the stereotypical bloggers. We have our weekly health and wellness Yoga advice from our resident yogi Sharan from Yoga on the Flow and last year we highlighted ways to stay fit in the fall. Here is a brief overview of that here:
1. Run, walk, bike the seawall
2. Yoga. The benefits of this are immense and don’t get suckered into just doing hot yoga.
3. Dance Classes. Why not? It’s fun and will keep you active.
4. Urban Recreation: Be it basketball, hockey, football, soccer etc… it’s fun to stay active with a group.
6. North Shore Mountains.You can still hike them before the snow comes around.
For the full post click here.
To help raise awareness Healthy Families BC has offered Vancity Buzz a $250 Lululemon gift card to one of our lucky readers! So not only can you get active but look good while working out! Here’s how to enter:
1. Retweet the following into Twitter:
Contest ends September 30, 2011. One winner will be drawn at random. Good luck to everyone that enters!