North Vancouver RCMP are on the scene at Handsworth Secondary School after a bomb threat was made earlier this morning.
A bomb threat made to Handsworth Sec. School this morning is being taken seriously. Students and staff members have been evacuated and safely positioned on school grounds. Police are on scene and are investigating. Updates to follow as situation unfolds. @NVSD44 @NVanDistrict
— North Vancouver RCMP (@nvanrcmp) June 14, 2018
According to a tweet from North Vancouver RCMP, the threat was “taken seriously” and “students and staff members have been evacuated and safely positioned on school grounds.”
Cpl. Richard De Jong of North Vancouver RCMP told Daily Hive the threat was “received at 8:30 am” this morning.
“As of 10:15 today – all students are being released from classes for the day,” said De Jong.
Police continue to investigate the incident.