Take advantage of the heat and enjoy the last month of summer with activities in the Fraser Valley. Here’s a look at what’s going on in Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford and Chilliwack this August.
Bring your lawn chairs and picnic blankets for free outdoor movie nights every Friday in Cloverdale.
- When: Every Friday from August 7 to 28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Cloverdale Parks
- Info: Movies start at dusk
- Website: Visit tourismsurrey.com for location details.
Surrey Urban Farmers’ Market
Enjoy food trucks, local vendors and live outdoor music performances.
- When: Every Wednesday in August, 1 to 6 p.m.
- Where: Surrey City Hall Plaza
- Website: surreymarket.org
Langley Eats Local
An annual foodie festival featuring local produce, wine and fun activities.
Gaze at the sky and catch shooting stars at this astronomy event. Enjoy music and entertainment, crafts and lantern-lit trails.
- When: August 8, 8 to 11 p.m.
- Where: Aldergrove Lake Regional Park
- Cost: $2 per person
- Info: Call 604-530-4983 or visit www.metrovancouver.org
Meteor shower (Christian Arballo/Flickr)
Canadian National Wakeboard Championships
Take part or spectate at the annual championship event, featuring contestants from all over Canada, amazing food and a fun day for wakeboarding enthusiasts.
- When: August 20 to 23
- Where: Valley Wake Park, 31515 Walmsley Avenue
- Info: Online registration closes on August 19. Spectator admittance is free.
- Website: wakecanada.ca
Wakeboarding competition in Abbotsford (Arturo Donate/Flickr)
Abbotsford International Air Show
Head to the 51st annual air show for a day of impressive aviation performances.
- When: August 7 to 9
- Where: Abbotsford International Airport
- Info: Buy tickets online, by phone or at the show.
- Website: abbotsfordairshow.com
Annual Abbotsford Airshow (Feggy Art/Flickr)
Southside Rocks The River Concert
Check out Chilliwack’s finest talent at this live concert series with local artists, food vendors and free yoga.