Around 11 am today, a fire broke out at the Vancouver Christmas Market. Witnesses reportedly heard a loud explosion and moments later ambulance sirens could be heard as crews worked feverishly to put the fire out. Apparently, the fire was caused by a propane tank explosion.
Many had thought that the QE Theatre was in flames as the market is adjacent to the theatre.
Thankfully, no one was injured and as of yet there is no word on when the Christmas market plans to open. Previously, it was to open today, however, with the recent events look for it to be pushed back.