What is Ladies Learning Code?
We're a Canada wide not-for-profit organization providing women, *men and youth the opportunity to learn beginner-friendly technical skills in a social and collaborative way. We're all about showing people that learning to code can be fun!
*Men are welcome to attend (and they do!), but we encourage you to bring an additional female learner where possible
Why HTML & CSS?
If you are looking to get your feet wet when it comes to programming, then this is the workshop for you. HTML and CSS are the backbone of all websites, and knowledge of them is a necessity if you are interested in things like web development, creating marketing emails, or even blogging! The web without HTML and CSS would be would be a world without colourful, pretty websites, not to mention the web applications we all use daily. It’s easy to learn, and was designed so that everyone - even non-programmers - can do it. No fancy programs are needed, just Notepad and a web browser!
The Ladies Learning Code Introduction to HTML & CSS workshop is designed to be a hands-on experience. During the session, you'll build something like this and learn the following:
- Basic techniques and concepts that are translatable to other programming languages
- The building blocks of how HTML and CSS work together to create richer online experiences
- How to create a rich website with images, video, and a CSS-defined layout
- How to create a beautiful multi-page website
- What resources are available if you’d like to continue learning at home (and we think you will)
Thanks to Lighthouse Labs for hosting our event!
Hope to see you soon!
Questions? You can email us at info[at]ladieslearningcode.com
You can also find us on Facebook at facebook.com/LLCVancouver