Billboard Magazine has named the legendary Commodore Ballroom one of the top ten influential clubs in North America. It’s also the only Canadian music venue to make the list. Us Vancouverites know and love the Commodore. Some of the greatest concerts I’ve been to have taken place at The Commodore.
I’m not sure if the Commodore Ballroom is on the heritage list but it damn well should be.
According to Billboard, these are the “10 Most Influential Clubs in North America”:
1. Bowery Ballroom New York, NY
2. 9:30 Club Washington, DC
3. The Troubadour West Hollywood, CA
4. The Empty Bottle Chicago, IL
5. Metro Chicago, IL
6. The Fillmore San Francisco, CA
7. Great American Music Hall San Francisco, CA
8. The Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC
9. Showbox at The Market Seattle, WA
10. The Music Box Los Angeles, CA