Vancouver’s circus leader, CircusWest is a comprehensive circus arts centre for all ages, and they’re also a registered charity offering children, teens and adults the opportunity to explore circus arts.
Don’t miss CircusWest’s spectacular reimagining of the timeless Wizard of Oz story infused with aerial artistry, daring acrobatics and compelling circus acts to amaze and delight. The show runs from May 7 to 10 at the PNE Garden Auditorium, daily at 12:30 and 7:00 p.m.
Limited tickets available – get them online while you still can.
1. The CircusWest Performance students are stars in the making! For example, Claire Hopson, who plays Dorothy, graduates this year and will go on the Quebec Circus School, following her dream to become a professional circus artist. Her straps solo performed to the famous Over the Rainbow track is simply breathtaking.
2. The set is cleverly designed with 30 sonotubes, which move to create various structures and act as screens where projections are displayed. These awe-inspiring projections guide Dorothy through her journey to the land of Oz.
3. The 15 foot tramp wall featured in The Circus of Oz will showcase the talents of the CirKids as they bounce on their backs and fly high into the air.
4. There will be live music in the show for a truly interdisciplinary experience. Be ready for some singing and a live violin performance.
5. The costumes and makeup this year are outstanding. CircusWest has recycled many costumes from previous years to come up with new creations, and has held makeup workshops so the kids could learn to apply professional makeup and transform into the characters in style.
When: May 7 to May 10 (12:30 and 7 p.m. daily)
Where: PNE Garden Auditorium – 2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
Price: $22 Adults, $16 Seniors, $14 Students (18 & under)
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.