Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the North Vancouver riding.
ELECTS JONATHAN WILKINSON, LIBERAL
While North Vancouver has been under Conservative leadership from MP Andrew Saxton since 2008, it has the potential to be a toss-up this year in favour of Liberal newcomer Jonathan Wilkinson.
Here is a map of the district:
Image: Elections Canada
- Conservative: Andrew Saxton (Incumbent) 17,301/26.9%
- NDP: Carleen Thomas 5,015/7.8%
- Liberal: Jonathan Wilkinson ELECTED 36,358/56.6%
- Green: Claire Martin 5,344/8.3%
- Independent: Payam Azad 94/0.1%
- Libertarian: Ismet Yetisen 136/0.2%
8:52 p.m. PST
- Wilkinson has won North Vancouver, with Liberals in power for the first time since Don Bell in 2006.
8:30 p.m. PST
- Liberal candidate Jonathan Wilkinson is projected to win in North Vancouver now with 56.4 per cent of the vote out of 50 reporting polls