It’s halfway through summer and the weather has finally turned for the better. This August Long weekend for those of us deciding to stay in Vancouver here are a list of things to do. Many of these events are free to attend or participate in so there truly is something for everybody.
Friday, July 29th, 2011:
Why not take out the family and watch mother natures light show. The Delta Aquarid Meteor Shower is at its best visibility tonight.
Start the weekend of by going out to a club or concert. That’ll set the tone for what should be a great long weekend
Saturday, July 30th, 2011
1.Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs LA Galaxy. Sorry Ladies Beckham won’t be in town but hey the weather will still be nice, perfect to watch a game in an open air stadium.
2. Celebration of Light fireworks. Remember there are lots of road closures. Here is also a list of places to watch the fireworks from.
3. Summer Lantern Festival aka Illuminaires
4. Powell Street Festival
6. VIVA Vancouver
5. Harmony Arts Festival 2011 in West Vancouver
Sunday, July 31st, 2011
1. Vancouver Pride Parade 2011: Join close to 700,000 people as the 3rd largest pride parade in North America take place.
2. BC Place Free Public Open House. We paid for it you might as well check it out.
3. Powell Street Festival: The perfect excuse to check out old Japantown.
4. VIVA Vancouver
If none of those events listed above interest you then perhaps the Richmond, or Chinatown night market is more your cup of tea. You could always visit a beach is in order or why not check out an outdoor movie.
Image: David Lin