Vancouver firefighters responded to an apartment fire in downtown Vancouver’s West End neighbourhood late this evening.
At approximately 9:30 p.m., a large fire began at a residential building on Barclay Street near Bute Street. Photos posted onto social media indicate large flames were billowing high out of the building at the height of the incident.
The fire has since been extinguished and nobody was injured. According to a local resident, the fire may have been sparked by a resident leaving a candle burning.
More on this as it develops…
— Justin Giles (@justingiles) November 9, 2015
— Jordan Armstrong (@jarmstrongbc) November 9, 2015