Channels
× Select City
×
×
×
Christmas, Concerts, Events

This year, have a very Punjabi Christmas with Jus Reign in Vancouver

D8d194f40cb13417f79d4d8daee34fdb?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Vancouver Staff Dec 21, 2016 3:27 am 1,466

Christmas is a time of tradition – so this year put it on its head.

On December 23, YouTube comedian Jus Reign is coming to Vancouver to perform his intensely popular Geeta Brothers: A Very Punjabi Christmas.

The live comedy show, presented by South Asian Arts, first started as a video series called “The Punjabi Christmas Album” and recreated traditional English-language Christmas carols with a Punjabi twist. The series, featuring the Geeta Brothers as the two main characters, had overwhelming success, and in 2015 Jus Reign and fellow comedian Babbu adapted their show into a live performance.

This year, they’ve expanded their show to British Columbia for the 2016 holiday season.

The BC performance will feature new songs and audio visuals that haven’t been part of past performances – and of course will maintain the same comedic style.

Geeta Brothers: A Very Punjabi Christmas is a family show, without suggestive language or inappropriate content, so it’s a performance you’ll be able to take your kids and your grandma to. About 60% of the show is in Punjabi, and the remaining 40% is in English.

Tickets are available online starting at $30, although for $150 you can get a special meet and greet pass to hang out with Jus Reign after the show.

Geeta Brothers: A Very Punjabi Christmas

When: December 23

Time: 7:30 pm

Where: Massey Theatre, 735 8th Avenue, New Westminster

Price: Available starting at $30

Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of A Very Punjabi Christmas


D8d194f40cb13417f79d4d8daee34fdb?s=96&d=mm&r=g
DH Vancouver Staff
Daily Hive is the evolution of Vancity Buzz, established in 2008.

© 2018 Buzz Connected Media Inc.