There are currently nine evacuation orders and alerts still in place throughout the province due to wildfires.
There is a total of 19 wildfires of note and 197 blazes throughout the province and 76 of those are 10 hectares or more.
Evacuation orders are in place for the following regions:
- Boulder Creek, Northwest of Pemberton Meadows, with two pumice mines and the Innergex IPP evacuated
- Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District, with 21 seasonal homes evacuated
- Puntzi Lake wildfire, northwest of Williams Lake, with 35 homes evacuated.
- Sechelt Mine wildfire, issued for Carlson Point, with 18 properties evacuated.
Evacuation alerts exist in these areas:
- Tsulquate Creek wildfire, northwest of Port Hardy, with 100 homes on alert.
- Sitkum Creek wildfire, north of Kootenay Lake, with 350 homes on alert.
- Petitot River wildfire, northeast of Fort Nelson, with an oil and gas camp on alert.
- Two Alerts for the wildfire in Harrogate, north of Highway 95 between Harrogate and Brisco, with 50 homes on alert.
- Puntzi Lake wildfire, northwest of Williams Lake, with 20 homes on alert.
For more information about the evacuation alerts, visit the BC Wildfires website or follow them on Twitter.