It’s that time of the year! Shopping, holiday parties and festive activities can take a toll on your wallet. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite beauty tips to keep you looking great and give you more bang for your buck this holiday season. Enjoy!
1. Brows, brows, brows. Everyone is going crazy for them! Anastasia Beverly Hills has an entire cosmetic line dedicated to getting the perfect brow. I’m obsessed with their brow gel, but it’s not so nice to my bank account. Instead, rinse off an old mascara wand, spray it with some hairspray and brush through.
2. Want that glowy, dewy look without looking too oily or shiny? Instead of buying an entirely different foundation for glow, add a bit of luminizer (I use L’oreal Lumi Light Infusing Primer $15 – $17) to your everyday foundation and boom, you’ve got an instant, natural glow!
3. With long days full of work, shopping and holiday parties, you want your makeup to keep up with you and stay in place. Instead of shelling out for the latest eye-shadow primers pop some concealer on your eyelids to help give your shadows some staying power. Also, while hair-spraying your hair, don’t be afraid if some gets on your face. It will help keep your makeup in place during the day! (Just don’t make a habit of it, it’s not the best thing for your skin)
4. I always have a hard time finding an eye makeup remover that doesn’t sting my eyes, and is gentle. Recently, I discovered something that is super affordable, gentle on my eyes and is good for my skin/lashes. Olive oil! Dab a bit on to a cotton pad or Q-Tip and you’re good to go.
5. Matte lips are very on trend right now, but it can also be pricey going out to buy them especially if you already have the color you want in a cream/silk finish. Turn any lipstick into a matte by pressing in a translucent powder on top of your lipstick with a flat brush!
Don’t forget to follow @NavanArtistry for more tricks, tips and faves! xo