We provided you with the most extensive coverage on Halloween events in and around Metro Vancouver. Now Vancity Buzz will do the same for Christmas.
Whether you’ve been naughty or nice it doesn’t matter, as these events don’t discriminate (as long as you purchase your tickets of course). These events will let you can get away from the holiday shopping madness that will surely ensue shortly and allow you appreciate true meaning of Christmas, spending time with loved ones. These events will open up soon, so in the mean time here is a list of the must see events going on in and around Vancouver this holiday season.
1. Vancouver Rogers Santa Clause Parade: Some 600,000 attended this last year. Definite must see for Vancouverites young and old.
2. VanDusen Botanical Garden Festival of Lights. For more information, click here.
3. Christmas on Grouse Mountain: Visit Santa’s workshop, go on a sleigh ride and go outdoor skating at the peak of Vancouver. Check back with Vancity Buzz later for more information on this event.
4. A Heritage Christmas in Burnaby: Even Burnaby is getting in on the Christmas action. Go out and visit the Burnaby Village Museum for some Christmas activities.
5. Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge. More information next week.
6. Bright Nights at Stanley Park: A family tradition for 20 years.
7. Christmas at Canada Place: The sails at Canada Place will light up for the holiday season…We will have more information on this next week.
8. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Vancouver Art Gallery. Thanks to developer Amacon for once again giving this gift to us Vancouverites.
9. The Nutcracker @ The Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts. Check back with us shortly as will give you all details on this holiday classic.
So there you go 9 wonderful events for the whole family to enjoy. Who knows it might even snow in Vancouver and it will really start to feel a lot more like Christmas.As always if you have some events that you want to get the word out on or we just plain forgot about send an email to [email protected]