The long weekend is here, and with it come a few road and TTC closures.
The Toronto Caribbean Carnival is one of the largest festivals taking place in Toronto this summer, and will be taking place around downtown this weekend. So before heading out, be sure to check the roads you’re taking and/or the transit routes below.
From 12:01 am on Saturday, August 5 until Sunday, August 6 at 6 am, Lake Shore Boulevard West will be closed in both directions from Colborne Lodge Drive to Strachan Avenue. There will be no access to the Gardiner Expressway’s Jameson/Dunn on-ramps and the off-ramp exits will be closed.
— TMA (@TOMasPlayers) July 29, 2017
The following TTC routes are the best public transit options for getting to Exhibition Place for the Toronto Caribbean Carnival Grande Parade on Saturday, August 5:
• 29 Dufferin/29E Dufferin Express buses southbound from Dufferin Station to Dufferin Gate will have extra service from Bloor to the Exhibition Loop.
• 511 Bathurst streetcar southbound from Bathurst Station to the Exhibition Loop will have extra service.
• 504 King streetcar westbound from King or St. Andrew stations to the intersection of King Street and Strachan Avenue and walk south for five to 10 minutes.
• 509 Harbourfront streetcar westbound from Union Station to the Exhibition Loop. Extra service will be provided.
• 63 Ossington from Ossington Station to Liberty Village. Extra service will be provided.
• 193 Exhibition Rocket will operate express from Dundas West Station.
The following TTC routes will divert for the parade:
• 510 Spadina route will turn back at Queens Quay Loop at Queens Quay and Spadina Ave.
• 514 Cherry route will turn back at Charlotte Loop at King St. W. and Charlotte St.
Grace Street will be closed from Mansfield Avenue to Dundas Street West on Saturday, August 5 and Sunday, August 6 from 1 pm to 11:30 p.m. each day for the Senhor da Pedra Festival.