This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars, plus incoming establishments that you should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- Parkdale just gained a new craft beer bar with the opening of Escape Goat at 1510 Queen Street West.
- Gdous at 223 Spadina Avenue is now open and slinging giant pieces of fried chicken!
- Toronto’s first Japanese soufflé pancake purveyor Hanabusa Cafe is open at 77 Kensington Avenue.
- Ottawa dessert chain Golden Bubbles has opened its first location at 3276 Midland Avenue in Scarborough. A second outpost is also planned for Richmond Hill.
- Loukoumania Cafe is open now inside Vaughan Mills at 3120 Rutherford Road, and on the menu, find Greek honey puffs (AKA loukoumades) ready to be loaded with sweet toppings.
- One Pear Cafe, a new spot for milk teas and pineapple buns is now open at 201 Dundas Street West.
- The folks behind Tzatziki have opened a sister spot dishing out homestyle Greek eats. Pots and Pans is open for business at 337 Danforth Avenue.
- Bang Bang Burrito (a chain originating in Oshawa) is expanding into Toronto with a new location going in at 366 Bloor Street West.
- Acclaimed Vancouver restaurant Bauhaus is opening a location in Toronto at 616 Richmond Street West. The upscale German restaurant is expected to open in spring of 2019.
- Dee a new Thai kitchen from the same team behind Shanee is opening Friday, April 13 at 2013 Yonge Street (formerly Lil’ Baci).
- High 5 Cafe + Curated Convenience, offering espresso, ready-to-eat meals and organic produce for grab-and-go, is opening April 11 at 221 Richmond Street West.
- Kushimaru, an Osaka-style kushikatsu restaurant is in the works at 64 Edward Street.
- Mr. Tonkatsu is opening another location at 4895 Yonge Street where you can get your fix of Japanese-style deep-fried pork cutlets.
- Von Bugle Brewing is slated to launch soon at 249 Evans Avenue in Etobicoke. It’s a brand new brewery from the same folks behind Steam Whistle.
Z Follow Dished Toronto on Facebook and Instagram for more drool-worthy videos, photos, contests, and more.