Get ready for the big Canadian birthday bash, Toronto.
And by that, we mean, plan ahead with your Canada Day long weekend outings. From street closures all over the city, and massive events around town, it might be easier to take the TTC to your destinations.
Over the weekend, the TTC is increasing subway, streetcar, and bus service, and will offer unlimited one-day travel from July 1 to July 3 with a group/family day pass for $12.50.
With major celebrations taking place, here are the best routes to City of Toronto Canada Day events:
– Nathan Phillips Square: Take Line 1 to Osgoode or Queen stations.
– Mel Lastman Square: Take Line 1 Yonge-University to North York Centre Station.
– Scarborough Civic Centre Parade: Take Line 3 Scarborough to Scarborough Centre Station.
– Humber Bay Park West: Take Line 2 Bloor-Danforth to Old Mills Station and then take the Humber Bay Park West shuttle bus operating specially for Canada Day.
Several other Canada Day celebrations are also accessible by TTC, and include:
– Amesbury Park
– Downsview Park
– Harbourfront Centre
– Redpath Waterfront Festival
– Ashbridges Bay & Woodbine Park
– Queens Park
– Town of Markham Canada Day Festivities
– East York 60th Celebration & Canada Day Festivities
– Milliken Park
– Weston Lions Park
– Queen’s Plate Festival
And for those visiting the Harbourfront area, keep an eye out for the vintage PCC streetcar, which will provide free rides throughout the day.
Happy Canada Day, Toronto!