Toronto Police have arrested a man who was allegedly connected to five separate shootings this month.
According to police, on January 9, at 4 pm in the Rathburn Road and The West Mall area, a 19-year-old man and a 15-year-old girl were standing inside the hallway of a building when they were approached by a man with a gun.
The man began to shoot multiple rounds at the man and girl before fleeing the area. The man who was shot received non-life-threatening injuries and the girl was not injured.
The next incident occurred on January 16 at 3:10 pm in the Finch Avenue West and Islington Avenue area, when a 47-year-old man was standing outside when he was approached by a man with a gun. The shooter shot the man before fleeing the area.
Then on January 20 at 4:30 pm in the Finch Avenue West and Islington Avenue area, a 20-year-old man was walking in the area, when a man exited a vehicle. The man from the vehicle had a gun and began to shoot at the man. The man with the gun then fled the scene.
And again, on January 21 at 3:30 pm in the Finch Avenue West and Islington Avenue area, a 35-year-old man and a four-year-old girl were in a parked vehicle when they were approached by a man with a gun. The man began to shoot at the man and girl before fleeing the area. Both the man and girl were uninjured.
A final incident occurred on January 21 at 4:25 pm near Rathburn Road and Renforth Drive, when a 19-year-old man was walking when he was approached by a vehicle. A man in the vehicle rolled down the window while stopping beside the man and produced a gun and began to shoot at the man before fleeing the scene.
On Monday, January 22, 20-year-old Adam Abdi of Brampton was arrested, and according to police, a firearm was seized.
1) seven counts of Attempt Murder
2) five counts of Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm without Holding a Licence and Registration Certificate
3) five counts of Possess Firearm other than Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Holding a Licence
4) five counts of Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
5) five counts of Use/Handle/Store Firearm Carelessly
6) five counts of Discharge Firearm with Intent to Wound, Endanger Life or Prevent Arrest
7) five counts of Use Firearm to Commit Indictable Offence
8) five counts of Have Face Masked/Disguised
9) five counts of Breach of Probation
10) Possess Firearm While Prohibited
Police have since released a photo of the suspect.
Anyone with information on Abdi is asked to contact police at 416-808-3100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com.