On The Table is a new initiative aimed at sparking a dialogue about sexual harassment in Toronto bars, clubs, and other licensed venues.
Addressing “the direct correlation between alcohol consumption and gender-based violence,” the project produced with the support of the City of Toronto through the Toronto Arts Council, advocates for “the health and safety of both patrons and staff in hospitality environments” and “[promotes] respectful, inclusive, and equitable spaces for all genders.”
On The Table features original artworks by four Toronto artists, and you won’t need to visit a gallery to get your hands on these collectible works. The compelling designs from artists Jesse Harris, Aisha Sasha John, Hazel Meyer, and Lido Pimientan will be distributed on tables at select Toronto establishments between January 16 to 22 during the Toronto Design Offsite Festival.
- Civil Liberties 878 Bloor Street West, Toronto
- Cold Tea 60 Kensington Avenue, Toronto
- Get Well 1181 Dundas Street West, Toronto
- Gladstone Hotel 1214 Queen Street West, Toronto
- Track & Field 860 College Street, Toronto
- Unlovable 1215 Dundas Street West, Tronto
- Wenona Craft Beer Lodge 1069 Bloor Street West, Toronto
- 44% of Canadian millennials are being harassed online, finds study
- 44 FREE winter events in Toronto
- Where to see iconic Canadian art this winter near Toronto