This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars, plus incoming establishments that should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- A La Turk a new spot for authentic Turkish food is now open at 3443 Yonge Street.
- The Aviary, a new brewhouse and sports bar from the same folks behind The Dock Ellis and Longslice Brewery, is now open in the Canary District at 484 Front Street East.
- Middle Eastern eatery, Cinderella Restaurant is open slinging pitas packed falafels and shawarma at 1015 Bloor West.
- Fennel Eatery and Juice Bar is now serving up vegan eats from inside Noah’s Natural Foods at 322 Bloor Street West in The Annex.
- Gogi Bap a new Korean lunch counter is serving up beef bulgogi wraps, bibimbap, kimbap and more at 946 Yonge Street.
- Grey Tiger at 1190 Bloor West has reopened but has ditched the coffee program in is now specializing in cocktails.
- Lick It Gelato has opened a second outpost at 1934 Queen Street East and is dishing out 80+ flavours on rotation along with doggie gelato.
- LOB, Toronto’s first indoor 9-hole bocce-golf course is in soft-opening mode as of this Friday, August 10 at 100 Broadview Avenue, Suite 101.
- Healthy eats purveyor, Olivia has opened its third Toronto location at 132 Front Street.
- Dealing in cheap drinks and sliders, Pennies has replaced Broncos at 127 Strachan Avenue.
- Sportsnet Grill, overlooking the field at Rogers Centre, is newly opened at 1 Blue Jays Way.
- Sticky Rice Kitchen & Bar is now 1489 Gerrard Street East.
- Fire-grilled Mexican food is now on offer at Quetzal, newly opened at 419 College Street.
- Vegandale is officially open for business. Copenhagen Danish bakery at 1312 Queen Street, and Vegandale Brewery, and NYM soft serve bar at 1346 Queen Street West are open now.
- Yunshang Rice Noodle House has opened a location in Chinatown at 414 Dundas Street West.
- Japanese dessert house Amausaan Uji Matcha is opening its first Toronto location at 480 Dundas Street West.
- The Annex Food Hall is coming soon to 384 Bloor Street West. Once open, look forward to tacos from El Nahual, Thai street foods from Eat BKK, fresh pasta from Dal Moro, fried chicken sandwiches from PG Clucks, steamed buns from Mean Bao and BBQ from Smoked Up Meats, plus at least one more vendor that’s still to be announced.
- Korea’s Cafe Bora, makers of purple potato desserts, will open its first Canadian location in Toronto this fall at 87 Yorkville Avenue.
- Eat BKK is moving into 898 Queen Street East. The Thai kitchen takes over the address of popular brunch spot Lady Marmalade which is relocating to Broadview north of Dundas.
- From the same folks behind Toronto’s legendary Barberian’s Steak House, Harry’s Steak House will pay “homage to the late, great Harry Barberian,” when it opens at 3277 Bloor Street West.
- Rudy, known for its menu of cheeseburgers and fried chicken sandwiches, is opening a second location at 69 Duncan Street in the coming weeks.
- Vancouver hot spots West Oak and Pierre’s champagne lounge are opening locations in Toronto – taking over the former Frings location at 455 King Street West.