Staff Writer – Food (Toronto)
Daily Hive has an opportunity for a creative and ambitious individual to join our Content Department in Toronto full-time as a Staff Writer, focusing on food. Reporting to the Toronto City Editor, you will work within our Editorial team and be a key player in the day-to-day content production for our network.
The Staff Writer is responsible for creating content that is compelling, concise, and relevant to our audience. An ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of Toronto’s food scene and have superb writing and creative skills.
- Investigate and report news and food stories around the city, sometimes breaking at any moment and time.
- Ensure articles written follow company guidelines and are ready for senior editorial staff to publish.
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews and attending events.
- Capture high quality photos and videos for accompanying articles, as needed.
- Attend team meetings and pitch feasible story ideas.
- Keep up to date with news and events happening around the city and region.
- Monitor engagement of articles and accept feedback from the editorial team in order to make necessary improvements or adjustments to work.
- Increase credibility of the company through quality, trustworthy, and ethical work.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry professionals, including peers at other publications, PR/marketing reps, chefs, and others.
- Post photos and videos on social media channels, as needed.
- Appear in and host videos, as needed.
- Minimum one year experience writing for an online publication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled with graphic design, photography, and photo editing is an asset.
- Excellent understanding of social media and its importance to journalism.
- Ability to interface with members of the public in articles both remotely and face-to-face.
- Creative muscles and ability to think outside of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of WordPress or other CMS.
Benefits of working with us
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits starting after three months.
- Flexible work environment and vacation time.
- Strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company.
- Be part of a relaxed (but hard-working) team that feels more like family than co-workers.
- Office is conveniently located in Downtown Toronto near transit hubs.
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing agency? APPLY HERE. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Daily Hive is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on September 8, 2018