Social Media Coordinator
Colony Digital, Daily Hive’s creative agency, is looking for an amazing Social Media Coordinator who is a proactive communicator will utilize creativity and mad organization skills to take the lead on marketing integration and ensuring Colony’s services corroborate and maximize all Client marketing platforms strategically and effectively.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is 3 month contract position with the opportunity to be extended to full-time, based in downtown Vancouver.
Who we are
Colony Digital is a full service digital agency that builds brands worth talking about. As a division of Daily Hive, Colony works on a variety of creative projects including: web design, e-commerce, app design, digital marketing, photography, videography and all things digital.
Our office is located in the heart of Yaletown and includes a video game room, an open bar and at least one furry four-legged friend to play catch with! You’ll also be able to enjoy occasional catered team lunches, Social Thursdays and the opportunity to attend various team outings and events around the city.
What you’ll be doing
- Grow social media platforms by curating, editing and posting engaging content on Colony’s social media platforms and accounts
- Communicate and engage with followers by liking posts, responding to comments and answering questions no later than 15 minutes after posted
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar, and ensure that content is scheduled at least two weeks in advance
- Schedule photography for clients a month prior to the post date
- Post articles using the optimum hashtags to ensure the greatest exposure for the posts
- Collaborate with members of your team to produce engaging, high quality content
- Post with the highest standard of clarity, accuracy, professionalism, and integrity
- Develop and execute monthly campaigns including tracking, prizing, and related tasks within budget
- Use Hootsuite and Google Docs to develop, organize, and schedule all campaign data, goals, tasks, etc.
- Attend special events and provide social media coverage
Who you are
- You have excellent writing skills
- You have a hyperactive eye for detail
- You are extremely savvy for everything and all things social
- You have excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
- You have the ability to emulate a variety of clients as an accurate, attentive social media ambassador
- You’re a self-motivated, team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong verbal communication skills
- You’re up-to-date on the newest tools and changes to platforms
- You have an in-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research, Google Analytics, Adwords a plus
The benefits of working with us
- Opportunity: The opportunity here is endless! You’ll have a strong potential for long-term career growth and development with a fast-growing company
- Collaborative environment and the opportunity to be part of a hard-working team that feels more like family than co-workers
- Conveniently located office in downtown Vancouver near transit hubs
Are you ready to dive in and become part of a fast-paced, growing media company? Email your resume, salary expectations, and social media channels to [email protected] subject line “Social Media Coordinator.” We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Colony Digital is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.